Sunday, September 6, 2009

An Exciting Addition to my recipe book family!


Last night, my amazing boyfriend Charles (We have been together for quite a long time. He is FULLY supportive of my cooking endeavors, it is so nice to have a wonderful supportive partner who believes in me :-)) bought me a very expensive cookbook that I have been eyeing for quite a while. He brought me to Barnes and Noble last night after work, and my heart started beating faster as we walked towards the cooking section. He ended up getting me The Silver Spoon, a staple in the home of every true Italian family. Recently, Italy's bestselling cookbook for over fifty years was translated into English. Over 2,000 recipes await me.
Granted, some of these recipes are pretty strange (I've never seen a cookbook with a section reserved for Wild Boar).... and almost all of them contain olive oil (I have NO problem with that. Ask anyone who's had any of my entrees, I douse in olive oil and basil no matter what the dish), but I'm ready to take on most of them. This is something that I have been looking forward to for a really long time! First, I'm going to try Eggs with Tomatoes. I know that sounds easy, but I never would have thought to scoop out the inside of a tomato and crack an egg in it. I'm kind of nervous because I don't know how it will taste, but I am making this. There will be pictures, the entire recipe, and how I achieved success (or failed miserably, I guess we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment