Thursday, September 17, 2009

New: Carb Fuel Fridays

Ahh, the beginning of track season. In addition to the torture that I undergo on Mondays through Fridays, this also means the beginnings of a crucial process to help me as a baker and a cook: team experimentation.
I'd like to think of myself as a hero, providing these teammates of mine with free, delightful mounds of carbs that surely we will need to get through the many months of imminent torture. In return, they provide me with necessary criticsm (although they might not be the best critics... I mean, a group of 40 kids who haven't had a home cooked meal in weeks? I'm sure they'll love everything I bring them). Last year, I brought over 100 fully decorated, iced, 4 x 4 inch sugar cookies to the team christmas party. I'd say about 75% of them were eaten, the other 25% were basically smuggled out... and not by me. So this year, provided that I don't have any orders, I have been thinking about conducting a season-long experiment... Carb fuel Fridays. Every Thursday that I'm not swamped with cake orders, I will be providing my teammates with a new and experimental treat. Although cookies would probably be the easiest to transport, I'll try some other things as well. My cupcake courier.... the other love of my life... will be a great help in making that happen. Every Saturday I'll have posts about the stuff I brought the team... pictures, and what they thought about it! I am so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment