Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tomato delay :-(

I guess large tomatoes aren't in season right now. I really need to start researching the longevity of crops before I commit to making a recipe. Charles and I went to the Fresh Market on Sunday night and the beefsteaks look horrible! Now more than ever, I wish I had a garden. No matter what, I am planning on making the eggs in tomatoes. Right now might not be the best time, though.
I have actually been busy this weekend not cooking, but sewing and crafting. I am working on opening up my own etsy shop with a kitchen and baked goods theme. I'll feature aprons, ornaments, jewelry, placemats, and other kitchen decor and storage accessories. I am so excited that I have been thinking about it all day in school.
This weekend I made two cake orders: one was a cookie cake for a little boy, and the other was a sweet sixteen cake for a family friend. I'll post pictures of them soon, once I find the cable to my camera battery charger. Charles says that I lose everything... sigh... I guess creative types like me are also the clumsy and forgetful types.

No comments:

Post a Comment